Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Because I Love Them....



...and we're just crazy like that. I don't know how I'd survive without them. 

 Seriously.


Goodness. I'm so sooo thankful God allowed me to play the role of Big Sis' :) I hear so many teens talking about their little siblings and how "annoying" they are and how they "cry all the time" and how they're "like little demons" and.... it really does break my heart. If only they could know what a blessing it is to have those little people in their life, how much they look up to them and how much they want to be just like them.

So go be a role model for all those little peeps younger then you! Even if they aren't your little bro or sister. They still admire you!


While we were driving back down our dirt road towards home, I looked behind me and saw these 3 happy kids in my car with me. I didn't wanna let the moment go. Could we pause time for like 5 years and then keep going? And then Trace Adkins "You're Gonna Miss This" started playing on the radio....

... it was d.e.a.d. on.


your gonna miss this
your gonna want this back
your gonna wish these days
hadn't gone by so fast

these are some good times
so take a good look around
you may not know it now
but your gonna miss this


Yeeeeah. That pretty much sums it up- I know I'll miss it.
 

So cherish every moment! And go hug a little person today! You won't regret it!

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! You sound like a kind and wise big sister :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. [I just joined your blog, as in just a few seconds ago!] I really want to say how refreshing it is to see an older sister who loves her siblings. They truly are a gift from the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I somehow ran across your blog and I think it is super super adorable!! I wish I was a cowgirl, haha!!

    http://www.ivy-olsen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete